Tuesday, November 22, 2011

IMMIGRATION OFFICERS AT T2 IN CDG International Airport confisicating alcohol from Chinese transit passengers?

I came back from Beijing on 13th January in transit to London Heathrow. At the Beijing airport I bought a bottle of Remy Martin and a carton of cigarettes.





I have to go from one terminal to another and during the transit to catch my connecting flight and had to go through the immigration through no fault of mine.





At the transit immigation, I was told that I am not allowed to take the bottle of Remy Martin because the bag was not sealed. I explained that the bag was given to me by with my purchases in it and if the shop assistant in Beijing did not seal it. I bought some Malboro cigarettes too and they were in the same duty free bag these were not confisicated.





However, to my dismay and shock, other Chinese transit passengers at the same terminal also had their alcohol (Mao Tai) consificated too.





I have searched the internet to lodge this complaint but could not find the address, so if any one reading page knows of who I should write to lodge this widespread CORRUPTION.|||it sounds like pure corruption to me. As far as you getting any resolution in it, I doubt you will.





You should search for the Beijing airport authority and write them a scathing e-mail.





If there is any chance you can find the name of the duty free place, contact them too.





I hate to say it, but with foreign travel, you are often at the liberty of the countries authority figures... and THEY create the rules as they go along.





Good luck.|||CDG is a mess. They do confiscate liquor but only if you are flying to the United States. But you were going to London, so I don't think they should have done have.|||You were not singled out. Sounds like they were treating all alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment