Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Difference between Cognac's???

I am looking at a bottle list and not sure what the difference is between some of the different Cognac's? It has a Courvoisier VS for $375, a Courvoisier XO for $575, Remy Martin for $675, and a Hennessy VS for $400? By the way these are prices for bottle service in San Diego!!! Yea tell me about it!!!|||Cognacs differ mainly in how well they are aged and by grape type. By definition, cognacs must all fit within an extremely narrow band of criteria so there is little room for differentiation. In any case, a lot of different qualities of cognac can be produced from different aging levels. a "VS" designation means that the product was casked for at least 2 years; "VSOP" means 4 years; and "XO" means six years. Combining duration with a few other variables produces a variety of flavors, often at the expense of rare ingredients or long cask times. To an untrained person, most cognacs will taste very similar but an expert will find a truly good cognac to be a wonderful treat.|||Holy crap with the prices! I can Get Remy XO over here for $120. But anyways. Most of the diffrences are going to be in the ages, the blends, and quality. In order from youngest to oldest it goes VS, VSOP, and XO. Usually the XO is more flavorful and with more dimension. Me I prefer Remy XO, but very few places actually have it. Hmm, I forgot where I was going with this. Anyways, check out this wiki page, it gives a some really good info.|||hell drive to the liquer store and save a bundle.. the diffrances are on how they are aged and blended. if I had to chose out of those choices i would take either the remy or the XO unless they have a VSOP then id take that 1...|||I was told 50 years ago


If you can not taste the difference why pay the price


I have Cognac and Brandy ,, should you ask.


Sorry I don't like either.

No comments:

Post a Comment