Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I don't really drink Champagne that much but is there a big difference between $50 Moet & Dom Perignon?

to me $20 bottle of hennessy tastes just like if not better than $50 bottle of Remy Martin VSOP.....so j/w if $50 bottle of MOET taste same as $150 bottle of Dom Perignon or even Cristal...are these 2 higher priced champagnes really that much better in taste|||It depends on taste.





There are Champagnes even cheaper than the price you have given that taste almost as good as the top brands.





The only reason they don't command the price is because they don't come from the right vineyards.





Having said that, these are few and far between.





NB: I actually prefer Moet to Dom Perignon, but that's personal taste - Krug is my faveourite, of those I've tasted so far ... no one I know has been stupid enough to pay the price for Crystal etc when I have been around..|||LOL If you can't taste the difference you might as well give up on drinking now!





Yes, they're soooooooo different.





BTW, I'd never pay more than $35 for a Moet %26amp; Chandon bottle.





P.S. Whoever suggested that it's just to show you can afford better champagne, we pay that much for a reason you know.





Look at it this way, you can buy a Daewoo or you can buy a Lexus. Which would you go with?|||If you don't drink a lot of champagne, then you shouldn't even be spending $50 for Moet. Try a good California sparkling wine, like Domaine Chandon or Gloria Ferrar. They're available for about half of what Moet is costing you and I think they're just as good. The Dome Perignons of the world are just for people to show they can afford them.|||Moet is $35 tops. To me, Moet is pretty damn good. I cant imagine Dom being that much better. Not worth the price to me anyways.|||To me, Dom is over-rated. I'd rather have the Moet. Maybe I had just gotten an off bottle of Dom, but I'll never buy it again. But my favorite is Mumm, and that's only about $19-25.

No comments:

Post a Comment